SunGard K-12 Signs Student Privacy Pledge
Knowing the importance of maintaining student privacy, SunGard K-12 (an FIS Company) has signed the student privacy pledge.
The Student Privacy Pledge
To help districts know more about vendors with regard to student data privacy, the Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) introduced the Student Privacy Pledge to safeguard student privacy.
According to the pledge school service providers are accountable to:
- Not sell student information
- Not behaviorally target advertising
- Use data for authorized education purposes only
- Not change privacy policies without notice and choice
- Enforce strict limits on data retention
- Support parental access to, and correction of errors in, their children’s information
- Provide comprehensive security standards
- Be transparent about collection and use of data
As of February 2016, more than 200 companies have signed the pledge.